- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds fresh apricots
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup honey or 1 cup sugar, or more to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons Pomona’s pectin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons calcium water, plus more if needed (from Pomona’s Pectin box)
Wash and rinse 5 half-pint freezer containers with lids; set aside.
Wash, pit and mash apricots to measure 4 cups fruit. In a heavy pot, combine apricots, lemon juice and honey or sugar; let stand for 15 minutes. Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes; remove from heat and cool.
Boil 3/4 cup water and place in a blender; add pectin powder. Vent the lid and carefully blend until all the powder is dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir hot liquid pectin and vanilla into fruit mixture. Add calcium water and stir well. The jam should start to jell. If it does not, stir in 1 teaspoon calcium water at a time until jam jells.
Fill prepared containers to 1/2-inch from the top; put on lids. Immediately store in the freezer for up to 1 year or in the fridge for 1 week.