Upgrade a classic with our PCC Savory Herb Stuffing Mix. Use the bread and seasoning packet that are included in the mix and then add apples and sausage for a fantastic accompaniment to your feast.
- 9 cups (1/2 bag) dry bread stuffing
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tart apple, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or turkey stock
- 1 seasoning packet
- 1/2 pound cooked and crumbled chicken or turkey sausage (optional)
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Place bread in large bowl.
Melt butter over medium heat in large sauté pan. Add onions and celery. Cook until onions are slightly tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in apples and sage. Cook 3 minutes more. Add stock and seasoning packet to pan and heat through. Pour mixture over bread. Add sausage and stir gently to blend.
Transfer to a buttered 9- by 13-inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is golden brown, about 20 minutes more.
For moister stuffing, increase stock to 2 1/2 cups.