PCC Community Markets Finalizes Contract with United Foods and Commercial Workers Local 21
June 24, 2021
PCC announced today it has finalized a three-year contract (2021-2023) with the United Foods and Commercial Workers Local 21 (UFCW 21) in support of its nearly 1,500 union-represented staff across the co-op’s 15 locations. Together with UFCW 21, PCC worked hard to deliver a contract that features many enhancements on top of improvements in the wage and retirement contributions, including:
- In partnership with the union, worker caucus committees will be established at each store allowing up-to 5 staff members one-hour of paid time each month to discuss issues of concern related to subjects such as diversity and inclusion, merchandising, culture, and other topics. The committee members will have an opportunity each quarter to share their thoughts with PCC’s Board of Trustees and Leadership Team members.
- PCC and UFCW agreed on a new meat and fishmonger apprentice training opportunity for 10+ staff members annually.
- PCC added a new role of Meat Lead that will be added at stores with a need for the role. Also, the Deli Lead role moved from Group B to Group A.
- Vacation bidding will allow for more time to select and confirm vacation requests for both the grocery and meat contracts.
- To continue PCC’s focus on safety, store safety committees will now meet monthly rather than quarterly.