"Get ready to taste the delicate and flavorful Xiao Long Bao, the iconic steamed dumpling filled with pork and soup that originated in Shanghai during the Qing Dynasty. These little buns are traditionally made by hand with 16 to 22 pleats on top, but don't worry if you're new to the process, Winnie will guide you through every step. We'll warm up our fingers by making the delicious dragon cucumber salad. And then make the traditional dipping sauce and a mouth-watering mala chili sauce to serve with the dumplings. Join us and discover the authentic way to enjoy this beloved dish. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to learn how to make Xiao Long Bao like a pro!
About the instructor: Born and raised in Hong Kong, Winnie inherited her love of food and cooking from her father, a food adventurer. Her passion for sharing culinary knowledge led her to earn an Education and Home Economics degree and become a secondary school teacher.
After moving to the U.S., she continued teaching at culinary schools, specializing in Asian cuisine and pastry arts. A lifelong learner, she has completed several baking and cake decoration programs and has international instructor qualifications for cake decoration and handcrafts in the U.S., Canada, and Hong Kong.
Winnie loves challenging herself and has participated in international cake competitions, winning “Best in Show” awards. The best part of participating in these events was meeting talented peers, developing friendships, and having the opportunity to share culinary and artistic passions. As an instructor, Winnie loves to share this knowledge and stories with all of her students.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Xiao Long Bao (Juicy Pork Dumplings)
- Dumpling Dough
- Dipping Sauce and Homemade Mala Chili Sauce
- Dragon Cucumber Salad
Sunday, October 1, 3:00 - 5:30 pmAdd to waiting list
Saturday, September 30, 4:00 - 6:30 pm
Thursday, October 5, 6:00 - 8:30 pmAdd to waiting list
Thursday, October 12, 6:00 - 8:30 pmAdd to waiting list