Each season brings new fruits and vegetables to savor fresh, but also preserve for the future. With demystifying preservation in mind, Ashley is here to equip you with the knowledge and techniques to safely can at home. In this hands-on class youll learn how to use a water bath canner and how to properly cook and process a bounty of jams, pickles and ferments and how to hone the flavor of each to apply in the kitchen year-round. Click here if you prefer to take this class in-person.
Vegan; no gluten.
About the instructor: Ashley is a maker of all things, mostly in the kitchen and the garden. After a near decade of global public health work, she has come back to her kitchen again and again as a source of creativity, comfort, and community building. Ashley believes in food as a lens for exploring culture, tradition, and social practice. This is especially try with the time-honored techniques of preservation. When Ashley isn't in the kitchen, she is likely with her one year old daughter in the garden, sewing, or playing with clay.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Honeyed Meyer Lemon Marmalade
- Hibiscus Orange Pickled Beets
- Curtido Kraut
Saturday, February 12, 10:00 - 11:30 amRegister for class