With influences from neighboring France, Germany and the Netherlands, the cuisine of Belgium prizes seasonal ingredients - not to mention it's wide array of beers. Make spicy speculoos stroopwafels, learn tips for the perfect Belgian stew and how to make the cheesiest gratin. You'll learn how there's more to Belgium than frites and celebrate its rich culinary history and flavors.
With dairy, eggs, gluten, and meat.
About the instructor: Marianna is a pastry chef and Washington native who grew up in the central part of the state. After several years in the veterinary industry, Marianna switched careers and now teaches cooking all around the Puget Sound and as far east as Snoqualmie. Marianna focuses on technique-driven classes and loves to demystify the cooking and baking process and its associated sciences.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Carbonnade Flammande (Belgian Beef Stew with Root Vegetables)
- Chicons au Gratin (Cheesy Endive and Ham Gratin)
- Speculaas-spiced Stroopwafels
Sunday, January 15, 4:00 - 6:30 pmRegister for class
Friday, February 10, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Friday, January 20, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Wednesday, January 25, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Thursday, January 12, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Friday, January 27, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Thursday, February 2, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Tuesday, February 14, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class