Ages 8 to 12 Put kids in charge of the kitchen with this 5-day culinary-skills camp where young cooks master the fundamentals of cooking. Over the week, kids will gain knowledge of stovetop and oven cooking methods, knife skills and sauces as they chop, sauté, and bake during the festive break. This winter, give your child the gift of confidence in the kitchen that will foster a life-long love of cooking.
With dairy, eggs, meat, nuts, and poultry.
About the instructor: Jane Hall is passionate about the home economy of cooking and baking, sustainable practices in the kitchen, health, wellness and delicious things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She began working in the food industry at age 13 in a bakery and never looked back. After many years in bakeries and cafes, both front and back of house, she worked as a chef for a small software company. Having successfully raised her child on kale and goat cheese she is full of the desire to help others be creative in the kitchen while being mindful of the budget. In addition to teaching, Jane spends part of her time working at FareStart.
- This is a hands-on format class for kids only.
- Class information will be emailed one week before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Day 1: Cheesy Omelets; Blueberry Muffins
- Day 2: Chicken or Black Bean Tacos with Homemade Tortillas; Pico de Gallo
- Day 3: Roasted Vegetable Pot Pie; Snickerdoodles
- Day 4: Handmade Egg Pasta with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Parmesan; Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Day 5: Pizza from Scratch
Green Lake Village PCC
Day 1: Monday, December 18, 10:00 - 12:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Day 2: Tuesday, December 19, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, December 20, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, December 21, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, December 22, 10:00 - 12:00 pm