Ages 8 to 12 Calling all young bakers! Join chef Shawna to explore classic baking essentials with a holiday twist. Budding bakers will explore different techniques each day and develop building blocks for a lifetime of scratch-made goodies. After they hone their skills, crafting a range of delicious items from muffins to marshmallows and cookies to brownies they'll be ready to share their creations this holiday season. A full week of baking for those with gluten sensitivities who can't attend typical baking classes, and a class that can also be enjoyed just as much by those who can tolerate gluten. * Please note that our classroom is not a gluten-free facility.
With dairy, eggs, meat, and nuts.
About the instructor: Shawna is a former cook and baker, turned homeschool mom. After graduating culinary school, Shawna worked in several of Seattle's most acclaimed restaurants where she honed her culinary skills and developed a passion for Northern Italian cuisine, Middle Eastern cuisine, baking and pastry. These days, Shawna utilizes those professional skills in her home kitchen where she makes everything from butter to fermented foods, to multi-layer cakes and elaborate dinners. In the classroom Shawna looks forward to sharing her experience and knowledge to inspire the next generation of young chefs and bakers!
- This is a hands-on format class for kids only.
- Class information will be emailed one week before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Day 1: Maple-pumpkin streusel muffins and cranberry-orange scones with orange glaze
- Day 2: Ginger-molasses sandwich cookies with brown butter cream cheese filling and snowflake sugar cookies with royal icing
- Day 3: Peppermint brownies with homemade hot cocoa and homemade mini marshmallows
- Day 4: Sticky toffee pudding with apple cider caramel and start festive pavlova wreath
- Day 5: Finish pavlova, spiced-pear upside-down cake with ginger whipped cream
Day 1: Monday, December 18, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, December 19, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, December 20, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, December 21, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, December 22, 10:00 - 12:00 pm