This class teaches you how to make a truly beautiful and seasonally appropriate chicken dinner. Chef Jane shares with you two of her favorite techniques - braising and butchery - so that you'll feel confident buying, braising, and breaking down whole chickens all winter long. Jane highlights grains and vegetables to make creamy rosemary polenta and crunchy winter slaw with fennel vinaigrette to complete the meal.
About the instructor: Jane Hall is passionate about the home economy of cooking and baking, sustainable practices in the kitchen, health, wellness and delicious things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She began working in the food industry at age 13 in a bakery and never looked back. After many years in bakeries and cafes, both front and back of house, she worked as a chef for a small software company. Having successfully raised her child on kale and goat cheese she is full of the desire to help others be creative in the kitchen while being mindful of the budget. In addition to teaching, Jane spends part of her time working at FareStart.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Braised Chicken and carrots with bay and pine nuts
- Creamy rosemary polenta
- Winter slaw with fennel vinaigrette
Thursday, January 26, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, January 14, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Thursday, January 12, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, January 20, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Thursday, February 2, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class