Everyone loves a one-bowl meal and Vietnamese noodle bowls are some of the very best. Join Chef Carol as she shares her travels through Vietnam with you through food. Bun bowls are popular street food made with rice noodles, proteins, flavorful herbs, sauces and pickled vegetables. Learn how to make irresistibly tasty chicken and lemongrass meatballs and crispy shallots. No bowl is complete without Nauc Cham, a sweet and sour dipping sauce essential for most Vietnamese dishes. Learn to quickly pickle carrots and daikon radish and you'll be set to make Bun Bowls an everyday meal.
With eggs, nuts and poultry.
About the instructor: Chef Carol received a BS at the University of Illinois in Hotel Restaurant Management, an Associates in Culinary Arts at the Culinary Institute of America-NY, and a Masters in Hospitality and Tourism Management at Roosevelt University.
After working for various restaurant groups in Chicago, she went on to teach Culinary Arts at the Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago for 12 years as an Associate Professor. Carol and her partner moved to Seattle in 2016 when came to run a program where she teaches engineers at Google in Kirkland. She now heads the program at Google South Lake Union - Seattle.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Lemongrass Chicken Meatballs
- Crispy Shallots
- Nuac Cham (Vietnamese dipping sauce)
- Pickled Daikon and Carrots