With its tropical climate, Vietnam has a cuisine that is the definition of light and refreshing. Learn to make classic Vietnamese staples as Pranee guides you through dishes guaranteed to help beat the summertime heat. Shell walk you through flavor and technique fundamentals as you make Bun Cha Hanois classic noodle bowl famous for its signature caramelized pork meatballs. Youll also learn how to craft refreshing summer rolls and pair them with Nuoc Cham for dipping.
With meat, poultry and seafood; no eggs, dairy or gluten.
About the instructor: Pranee learned to cook from her mother and grandmother in Phuket, Thailand. When she came to Seattle, she brought her mortar and pestle and began cooking for friends. She is now a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and the owner of I Love Thai Cooking, where she teaches, and shares recipes and cooking wisdom. She goes to Thailand yearly to collect and preserve authentic recipes and is working on a cookbook. Pranee says, “You don’t need to visit Thailand to learn Thai cooking.”
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Gai Cuon (Shrimp Summer Rolls with Hoisin-Peanut Dipping Sauce)
- Bun Cha Hanoi (Vietnamese Noodle Bowls with Pork Meatballs, Rice Vermicelli, Vegetables and Herbs)
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce
- Nuoc Mau (Caramel Sauce)
Tuesday, June 7, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, June 23, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, June 17, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Saturday, June 4, 5:00 - 7:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Wednesday, June 8, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class