In this class, you'll have the opportunity to create a variety of satisfying soups, from the hearty Tuscan favorite, Ribollita, to the essential Eastern European classic, Borscht. You'll also learn the art of crafting silky blended soups like Carrot and Ginger Soup. Discover the techniques for cooking vegetables to perfection and how to infuse soups with flavor to transform them into main course delights that are well worth the effort. Join us and embrace the comforting world of homemade soups this season.
About the instructor: Tiago graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 2014. After graduation, he honed his skills as a lead sauté cook for a fine dining establishment. He began teaching culinary classes in 2017 and has found teaching to be one of the most gratifying experiences of his life. In 2022 Tiago spent a year teaching culinary and baking for Seattle Public Schools. Tiago is also a wine enthusiast and certified sommelier. Tiago likes to teach classes that focus on his Brazilian, Portuguese and New York roots, along with his education in French cuisine.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Ribollita (Tuscan Bean and Bread Soup)
- Carrot and Ginger Soup with Chermoula
- Polish Beet Borscht (Barszcz) with Sour Cream and Dill