Join Kausar, the author of The Karachi Kitchen, as she unlocks the secrets of her culinary heritage, offering you the opportunity to learn to create some of her most cherished dishes. Discover the art of layering flavors as she guides you through creating a Green Chile Peanut Curry. Roast a whole cauliflower tandoori-style and learn to make all the wonderful components of the meal like Kachumbar and refreshing mango lassi.
With dairy and nuts.
About the instructor: Kausar is a chef, food stylist and cooking instructor with over 20 years of experience in South Asian culinary arts. She was born and raised in Karachi, Pakistan where her mother taught her how to cook. She is the author of “The Karachi Kitchen”, a cookbook featuring classic and contemporary South Asian recipes from her childhood and motherhood. Kausar is best known for her work through Kitchen Craft, an organization she founded in 2009 that offers free nutrition and cooking workshops to women and youth in high-risk communities around Karachi, with the goal of promoting healthy eating and hygiene habits amongst impoverished families. The internationally-acclaimed entrepreneur has served as a chef, food stylist, cooking show producer and host, and culinary instructor in Pakistan and the United States.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Mirchi Ka Salan (Green Chile Peanut Curry)
- Tandoori Cauliflower with crispy onions, pistachios and pomegranates
- Cumin Rice
- Kachumbar (Tomato, Cucumber and Herb Salad)
- Mango lassi
Columbia City PCC
Friday, August 11, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, July 27, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Friday, July 21, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class