Join Chef Hend as she guides you through making sushi. From how to properly wash, cook and season the rice, to preparing vegetables to properly rolling - both classic rolls and hand rolls. Youll also learn how to create a light and crisp tempura batter, perfect for creating tasty vegetable fillings. Youll work with a variety of fresh ingredients, from vegetables to tofu, to customize your sushi any way you like it.
About the instructor: After cooking in Michelin Star restaurants and high volume catering events, I made a "temporary" switch to teaching cooking classes. However, the satisfaction and unique experience I received from teaching convinced me that this was my new culinary path. I am a graduate of the Le Cordon Bleu, where I mainly focused on French and Western technique, but I have deep roots in Middle-Eastern cuisine and an enthusiastic, developed passion for Japanese cuisine. In my travels I seek out to learn something new, and for me, the more specific and obscure, the better. My interests and abilities continue to range out further, as long as I can do it, I will teach it.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Tempura fried squash (using seasonal sqaush)
- Vegetable makizushi (maki rolls) with tempura squash
- Vegetable temakizushi (handrolls) with tempura squash
- Sunomono Salad (Japanese Cucumber Salad)