Explore the flavors and cooking methods of Ethiopia with Eleni as you cook along with her to make a traditional vegan holiday menu. Youll get an introduction to cooking with Berbere, an Ethiopian spice mix essential as you prepare Saucy Baked Spiced Chickpeas. Youll learn to stir-fry flavorful Collard Greens and Potatoes and because no platter is complete without Injera bread, Eleni will demonstrate the steps for this, tangy, fermented teff-flour flatbread that will inspire you to get cooking at home.
Vegan; no gluten.
About the instructor: Eleni was born and raised in Ethiopia. After moving to the United states in 2001, she worked in accounting for a few years. After her first son was born Eleni found herself at home with a lot of time to recreate the kind of dishes she enjoyed growing up in Ethiopia. This time cooking inspired her to begin sharing those dishes with others, and she established her Ethiopian food business, Elenis Kitchen. Elenis kitchen has been catering traditional Ethiopian food in Portland, OR for the last eight years. Eleni also teaches Ethiopian cooking classes at Portland Community College.
- This is a hands-on cook-along class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed one week before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Saucy Baked Spiced Chickpeas
- Stir-fried Collard Greens and Potatoes
- Injera (Demonstration Only)
Monday, December 6, 5:00 - 6:15 pmRegister for class