Delve into the flavors of Ethiopian cuisine with Eleni! Get an introduction to spice blends and learn how to make legumes shine with two hearty dishes that characterize Ethiopian cooking Lentils and Potatoes in Berbere-spiced Sauce, and Cabbage and Carrots in Turmeric Sauce. And of course, no Ethiopian platter is complete without Injera bread. Eleni will demonstrate the steps for this tangy, fermented, teff-based flatbread that will inspire you to get cooking at home.
Vegan and gluten-free.
About the instructor: Eleni was born and raised in Ethiopia. After moving to the United states in 2001, she worked in accounting for a few years. After her first son was born Eleni found herself at home with a lot of time to recreate the kind of dishes she enjoyed growing up in Ethiopia. This time cooking inspired her to begin sharing those dishes with others, and she established her Ethiopian food business, Elenis Kitchen. Elenis kitchen has been catering traditional Ethiopian food in Portland, OR for the last eight years. Eleni also teaches Ethiopian cooking classes at Portland Community College.
- This is a hands-on cook-along class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class link, recipes and instructions will be sent one week before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to one week prior to class.
- Lentils with Potatoes in Berbere Spiced Sauce
- Cabbage and Carrots in Turmeric Sauce
- Injera (demonstration only)
Tuesday, September 28, 5:00 - 6:15 pmRegister for class