Ages 8 to 12 The best part of travel is learning about the different foods of each region. In this camp, future chefs travel across the U.S. with Chef Lisa, diving into fun and flavorful dishes, from the Rocky Mountains to the southwest, the heart of the Midwest and the northeast. Learn fun facts about how these regions became popular from BBQ to Buckeyes and Bagels and Banana Splits, learn foundational cooking techniques and gain confidence in the kitchen. This camp can be adapted for meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans!
With dairy and eggs. Meat and seafood optional.
About the instructor: Lisa has loved the kitchen for as long as she can remember. While she has experience teaching school subjects to elementary students, as well as cooking and baking professionally, Lisa finds real delight helping people of all ages connect to food, empowering them to transform great ingredients into deliciousness for the whole family. When she’s not teaching, Lisa is busy bringing sourdough bread and other pastries, all made from locally-grown, locally-milled flours, to area Farmer’s Markets. Lisa is a member of the Bread Bakers Guild of America.
- This is a hands-on format class for kids only.
- Class information will be emailed one week before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Day 1: PNW - Chowder (Smoked Salmon or Vegetarian), Mixed Berry Crisp
- Day 2: Mountain States - Sliders - Bison or Vegan Alternative, Quick BBQ Sauce, Cowboy Cookie
- Day 3: TexMex/Southwest - Chimichangas (chicken or bean), Guacamole, Nut-Free Horchata
- Day 4: Midwest - Potpie (chicken or vegtable), Sunbutter Buckeyes (nut-free)
- Day 5: Northeast - Handmade Bagels, Banana Splits
Day 1: Monday, August 14, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, August 15, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, August 16, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, August 17, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, August 18, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 1: Monday, July 24, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, July 25, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, July 26, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, July 27, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, July 28, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 1: Monday, June 26, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, June 27, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, June 28, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, June 29, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, June 30, 10:00 - 12:00 pm