The cookies of Pakistan embrace both sweet and savory flavors. Join Kausar as she shows you how to make these teatime favorites that were a staple of her childhood. Shell explore ways to achieve different textured cookies by incorporating semolina and chickpea flours and infuse dough with spices that will make your taste buds sing! Finally, shell teach you the traditional method for packaging cookies for special occasions.
Vegetarian with dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Kausar has over 20 years of experience in South Asian culinary arts. She was born and raised in Karachi, Pakistan where her mother taught her how to cook. She is the author of The Karachi Kitchen, a cookbook featuring classic and contemporary South Asian recipes. Kausar is best known for her work through Kitchen Craft, an organization she founded in 2009 that offers free nutrition and cooking workshops to women and youth in high-risk communities around Karachi, with the goal of promoting healthy eating and hygiene habits amongst impoverished families. The internationally-acclaimed entrepreneur has served as a chef, food stylist, cooking show producer and host, and culinary instructor in Pakistan and the United States.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class link and recipes will be sent four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to one week prior to class.
- Zeera (Cumin Cookies)
- Nan Khatali (Cardamom Shortbread with Almonds)
- Gold Coins (Vanilla Wafer Cookies)
Thursday, September 30, 4:00 - 5:00 pmRegister for class