Greek food is fresh and flavorful. A weeknight favorite in Jane's household, Greek cuisine is so much more than red wine vinegar and feta! Explore flavor combinations unique to Greek cooking by learning how to make fresh dolmas stuffed with flavorful herbs and vegetables and lamb meatballs with an umami tahini sauce for dipping. Warm your house and your body with this silky lemon and chicken soup. Come and learn how to make Greek food a staple in your everyday meals.
With dairy and poultry.
About the instructor: Jane Hall is passionate about the home economy of cooking and baking, sustainable practices in the kitchen, health, wellness and delicious things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She began working in the food industry at age 13 in a bakery and never looked back. After many years in bakeries and cafes, both front and back of house, she worked as a chef for a small software company. Having successfully raised her child on kale and goat cheese she is full of the desire to help others be creative in the kitchen while being mindful of the budget. In addition to teaching, Jane spends part of her time working at FareStart.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Dolmas stuffed with rice, herbs and vegetables
- Lamb Meatballs with fresh herbs and tahini-yogurt sauce
- Avgolemono - Greek Lemon and Chicken Soup
Friday, February 10, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Wednesday, February 15, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Only 2 spots leftRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Thursday, February 23, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Thursday, February 9, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, February 17, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, February 25, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class