Putting kids in charge of making the sides is a great way to include them in holiday meal preparations. In this class young chefs can cook along with Chef Cam and make her simple but sublime Orange-Ginger Cranberry Compote; a tasty Crunchy-Onion Lentil-Rice Bake for your vegetarian guests; and some fabulous Waiting-for-Dinner Grissini Breadsticks that will see everyone through while waiting for the feast to hit the table. Now thats something to be thankful about!
Vegetarian with eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Cam never planned to leave her career as an award-winning journalist, but a life spent cooking and teaching others the joy of it finally proved too irresistible. Cam received her professional culinary training from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition to her work at PCC, she teaches several innovative multidisciplinary cooking classes at Edmonds Heights K-12. Her food writing has appeared in publications including The Boston Globe.
- This is a kids cook-along class offered online live via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials and instructions will be emailed one week before class. Parental assistance or supervision may be needed for younger students. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Orange-Ginger Cranberry Compote
- Crunchy-Onion Lentil-Rice Bake
- Waiting-for-Dinner Grissini Breadsticks
Friday, November 19, 4:00 - 5:30 pmRegister for class