Ages 12 to 16. There are many kinds of noodles in China cooked in various ways and served at all times of the day. This class was designed for teens who like unique cooking projects and a little entertainment along the way. Students will learn how to make Biang Biang noodles, a popular type from China's Shaanxi province made by stretching and repeatedly slapping the dough on the counter before cutting it into long, thin strands. We'll then cook and toss them in a simple and spicy sauce for an unforgettable, made-from-scratch meal.
About the instructor: Cam never planned to leave her career as an award-winning journalist, but a life spent cooking — and teaching others the joy of it — finally proved too irresistible. She received her professional culinary training from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition to her work at PCC, she teaches several innovative multidisciplinary cooking classes at Edmonds Heights K-12, covering everything from world folklore and history to science and environmental policy. Her food writing has appeared in publications including The Boston Globe. Follow her on Instagram: @hummingbirdculinary.
- This is a hands-on format class for kids only.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Biang Biang Mian (Chinese Flat Hand-Pulled Noodles)
- Spicy Sesame-Scallion Vinaigrette
Saturday, April 15, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Sunday, April 16, 3:00 - 5:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Sunday, March 19, 3:00 - 5:00 pmRegister for class
Sunday, March 5, 3:00 - 5:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Saturday, March 4, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, March 11, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class