Join Yary in a cooking class as she whisks you away to the vibrant streets of Spain. Discover the art of creating flavorful tapas that are suitable for vegan and seafood lovers alike. Drawing from her experience as a professional chef in Spain, Yary will share stories and secrets to bold Spanish flavors while showcasing fun traditions of entertaining. Learn the delicate technique of searing fish to perfection, as Yary unveils her tips for cooking crusted tuna. Dive into the world of fritters and figs and master the art of creating homemade aioli and tapenade, ideal for entertaining or a quick, small meal.
With meat and seafood.
About the instructor: Yary Oslund is a Cuban national who came to the United States in 2003. She acquired her love and respect for food from her mother, who has been a chef for 40 years. Trained at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Seattle, Yary shares her passion for cooking natural foods while giving students an unforgettable culinary experience. Yary also graduated as a Functional Nutrition Therapy Practitioner in 2001 and currently advises her clients on the nutritional value of food and different styles of eating.
- This is a demonstration format class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen or Zoom screen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students whether or not you can attend live. Class information will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Honey-Thyme Seared Figs with Pimenton, Manchego, and Serrano ham
- Sea salt and peppercorn-crusted seared Tuna (or Tofu) with cucumbers and dill, topped with olive tapenade and sweet pearl peppers
- Shrimp or Eggplant fritters with homemade chipotle aioli
- Accompanied by sangria (optional)
Wednesday, July 19, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class