Ben loves making pies and wants to share his passion with you by teaching you the techniques required for a tender and flaky all-butter pie crust. Ben will demystify pie dough and guide you through rolling, shaping and baking amazing hand pies. Once you've created the tender, flaky crust you'll make two version of hand pies, one savory and one sweet. With Ben as your guide you'll never be intimidated making a pie from scratch again.
With dairy, eggs, and gluten.
About the instructor: Chef Ben Leonard brings together cooks from around the world to bond over cooking fresh, delicious, healthy food (with a good helping of food puns sprinkled on). He believes that our lives are made better through our relationship with food and cooking - making for greater connections with ourselves, loved ones and communities.
Born and raised in central Maine, Ben has taken the flavors of his youth and built on them with a global perspective. For many years he worked his way up the ranks in one of Maine’s most celebrated restaurants before moving to Los Angeles and taking on the local food scene there. After working with renowned chefs in Los Angeles, he became the Resident Chef at Sur La Table in the Los Angeles area where he ran one of the most successful cooking programs in the company. Now living in Seattle with his husky, Graham, Ben has spent the last two years teaching thousands of people across the country and the world to cook via live, interactive, online cooking classes.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- All butter flaky pie dough
- Mushroom, leek and goat cheese savory hand pies
- Blueberry, maple and ginger sweet hand pies
Saturday, February 18, 9:30 - 11:30 am
Only 2 spots leftRegister for class
Thursday, February 9, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, February 25, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Only 3 spots leftRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Monday, February 20, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Tuesday, February 7, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Saturday, February 11, 9:30 - 11:30 amRegister for class