Cook with Chef Ben and learn how to create delicious dishes ideal for backyard, park, or beach dining. Uncover the secrets behind crafting a flaky all-butter pie crust as you master the art of making Individual BLT Galettes, putting a fun spin on a timeless sandwich. Learn how to build flavors with a Farro and Stone Fruit Salad, where the nuttiness of farro perfectly complements the seasonal sweetness of stone fruits. Indulge in the combination of rich chocolate and rye for a perfect hand-held dessert. Prepare for a culinary adventure that will elevate your summer dining to new heights.
With Eggs, Dairy, Meat, and Nuts.
About the instructor: Chef Ben Leonard brings together cooks from around the world to bond over cooking fresh, delicious, healthy food (with a good helping of food puns sprinkled on). He believes that our lives are made better through our relationship with food and cooking - making for greater connections with ourselves, loved ones and communities.
Born and raised in central Maine, Ben has taken the flavors of his youth and built on them with a global perspective. For many years he worked his way up the ranks in one of Maine’s most celebrated restaurants before moving to Los Angeles and taking on the local food scene there. After working with renowned chefs in Los Angeles, he became the Resident Chef at Sur La Table in the Los Angeles area where he ran one of the most successful cooking programs in the company. Now living in Seattle with his husky, Graham, Ben has spent the last two years teaching thousands of people across the country and the world to cook via live, interactive, online cooking classes.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Farro and Stone Fruit Salad
- Homemade Buttery Pie Crust
- Individual BLT Galettes with bacon, kale, and heirloom tomatoes
- Rye Chocolate Chip Cookies
Friday, July 7, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Wednesday, August 16, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Tuesday, July 18, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Friday, August 4, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class