Summer is here and its time to get outdoors and enjoy the season. In this class, Chef Ben will show you how to make the perfect meal that is easy to enjoy in your back yard, at the park or on the beach. Learn to make easy and delicious foods that travel well and incorporate skills that youll use over and over again, this summer and beyond. Chef Ben will demonstrate how to make a flakey all-butter pie crust, how to work with less common grains like farro and rye and how roasting potatoes provides a new twist on potato salad.
With meat, dairy, and gluten.
About the instructor: Chef Ben Leonard brings together cooks from around the world to bond over cooking fresh, delicious, healthy food (with a good helping of food puns sprinkled on). He believes that our lives are made better through our relationship with food and cooking - making for greater connections with ourselves, loved ones and communities.
Born and raised in central Maine, Ben has taken the flavors of his youth and built on them with a global perspective. For many years he worked his way up the ranks in one of Maine’s most celebrated restaurants before moving to Los Angeles and taking on the local food scene there. After working with renowned chefs in Los Angeles, he became the Resident Chef at Sur La Table in the Los Angeles area where he ran one of the most successful cooking programs in the company. Now living in Seattle with his husky, Graham, Ben has spent the last two years teaching thousands of people across the country and the world to cook via live, interactive, online cooking classes.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Farro and Stone Fruit Salad
- Individual BLT Galettes with Homemade Buttery Pie Crust
- Roasted Potato Salad with Herbed Whole Grain Mustard Dressing
- Rye Chocolate Chip Cookies