Learning how to preserve the flavors of spring is one of the best ways to make the season last all year long. With demystifying preservation in mind, Ashley is here to equip you with the knowledge and techniques to safely can at home. In this hands-on class youll learn how to use a water bath canner and how to properly cook and process a bounty of jams, pickles and ferments. Youll go home with fresh ideas for how to pair and a jar of jam.
Vegetarian with dairy. Gluten-free.
About the instructor: Ashley is a maker of all things, mostly in the kitchen and the garden. After a near decade of global public health work, she has come back to her kitchen again and again as a source of creativity, comfort, and community building. Ashley believes in food as a lens for exploring culture, tradition, and social practice. This is especially try with the time-honored techniques of preservation. When Ashley isn't in the kitchen, she is likely with her one year old daughter in the garden, sewing, or playing with clay.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Strawberry Sumac Jam
- Herb-infused Marinated Labneh
- Pickled Radish and Spring Onion Relish
- Fermented Snap Peas with Lemon and Mint
Green Lake Village PCC
Saturday, June 18, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class