Yary will share the secrets and history of Paella, one of the classic dishes of Spain. Pick up tips and tricks for building a flavorful sofrito, learn how to choose and cook rice, and find out how to develop "socarrat" the crispy rice base that makes paella famous.
About the instructor: Yary Oslund is a Cuban national who came to the United States in 2003. She acquired her love and respect for food from her mother, who has been a chef for 40 years. Trained at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Seattle, Yary shares her passion for cooking natural foods while giving students an unforgettable culinary experience. Yary also graduated as a Functional Nutrition Therapy Practitioner in 2001 and currently advises her clients on the nutritional value of food and different styles of eating.
- This is a demonstration format class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen or Zoom screen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students whether or not you can attend live. Class information will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Paella Mixta with Meat and Seafood
- Paella de Mariscos (Seafood Paella)
Wednesday, December 14, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class