Heather will take you on a food tour of the south, where lobal influences of Africa, France, and Spain come together. Join Heather and learn how to make Shrimp and Grits, a classic dish from Carolina low country. Then you'll learn how to build in bold flavor through a rub for fish and use seasonal greens to create a delicous gumbo. To finish is off, pull-apart King Cake.
With dairy, eggs, gluten, seafood and shellfish.
About the instructor: Heather has been a culinary instructor for many years, first in Southern California and now in the Pacific Northwest. Heather attended culinary school in California and has worked in fine dining restaurants and bakeries all over the world, including Sydney, Chicago and Los Angeles. She loves sharing her passion for food and how it brings people together. When Heather isn’t teaching she enjoys hiking, reading and boxing.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Shrimp & Grits with Caramelized Fennel and Tomatoes
- Blackened Fish with Green Gumbo (a lighter gumbo filled with seasonal greens)
- Pull Apart King Cake