Spice up your culinary journey with Chef Pranee in this immersive curry class. Unravel the secrets of fresh Asian herbs and spices as you delve into the art of crafting red, yellow, and green curry pastes from scratch. Gain a comprehensive understanding of these vibrant curries and discover how to adapt and apply these essential skills to create your own signature curry dishes. Chef Pranee's expertise extends beyond Thai cuisine, and she invites you to explore the sophistication of Southeast Asian flavors and colors. As fall approaches, let's celebrate the culinary connections between neighboring countries, once united by shared cuisines and cultures.
With poultry, seafood, and eggs .
About the instructor: Pranee learned to cook from her mother and grandmother in Phuket, Thailand. When she came to Seattle, she brought her mortar and pestle and began cooking for friends. She is now a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and the owner of I Love Thai Cooking, where she teaches, and shares recipes and cooking wisdom. She goes to Thailand yearly to collect and preserve authentic recipes and is working on a cookbook. Pranee says, “You don’t need to visit Thailand to learn Thai cooking.”
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Amok (Cambodian) - Khmer Fish Curry with Spinach and Thai Basil
- Kari Ayam (Malaysia) - Yellow Chicken Curry with Potato and Onion
- Kao Phad Gaeng Keow Wan (Thailand) - Green Curry Fried Rice with Prawns and Thai Basil
Monday, October 9, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Wednesday, October 18, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Thursday, October 12, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Saturday, October 14, 4:00 - 6:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Green Lake Village PCC
Tuesday, October 10, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Monday, October 16, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class