Cool off during scorching summer days with the ultimate refreshment: sorbet! Join pastry chef Marianna and learn how to make a variety of flavors and how to customize your own at home. You'll learn how to balance fruit and sugar, and how water affects the final texture of your sorbet. Discover the secrets of how to avoid icy outcomes, as well as how to coax the maximum amount of flavor from your favorite fruits (and vegetables!). You'll finish up class by making homemade ice cream cones that just happen to be gluten-free and vegan too!
About the instructor: Marianna is a pastry chef and Washington native who grew up in the central part of the state. After several years in the veterinary industry, Marianna switched careers and now teaches cooking all around the Puget Sound and as far east as Snoqualmie. Marianna focuses on technique-driven classes and loves to demystify the cooking and baking process and its associated sciences.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Roasted Strawberry Chamomile Sorbet
- Green Apple and Fresh Fennel Sorbet
- Cherry Lime Sorbet
- Gluten-Free and Vegan Cones
Columbia City PCC
Tuesday, July 11, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Sunday, July 23, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Thursday, July 27, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, July 7, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class