Summer is a fantastic time for fish in the Northwest. We'll delve into techniques that will help you make the most of seafood cookery. Restaurant chef Darin will guide you through the process of purging and cooking clams to perfection. You'll also learn the art of pan-smoking, searing, and grilling fish with ease. Darin will share his expertise on removing pin bones, crisping the skin, seasoning, brining and selecting the freshest seafood available. Discover how to elevate your dishes with vibrant flavors and herbs. Learn to create tantalizing gremolata, zesty vinaigrettes, and other herb-infused delights that will enhance the overall taste experience.
With dairy, nuts, and Seafood.
About the instructor: Darin Gagner began his culinary adventure more than two decades ago as a way to get out of a small town in Eastern Washington and into the city. Seeking out as many experiences as possible and moving from coast to coast, he worked at lobster shacks, pizza joints, fine dining restaurants, and landmark hotels. Not a born teacher or cook, he
was lucky enough to work with outstanding chefs that helped him become both.
Darin is a full-time chef and owner of Valley Sharp Knife Sharpening. He lives in Cle Elum with his wife and sons. When he is not in the kitchen or his shop (which is rare) he’s in the woods or by a lake enjoying fresh air and craft beer.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Clams with blistered corn, jalapeno, mint, and lager
- Porcini rubbed Ling Cod with tarragon gremolata and heirloom tomatoes
- Crispy-skinned Trout with citrus brown butter vinaigrette and apple hazelnut salad
Wednesday, August 16, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Tuesday, July 18, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Tuesday, August 1, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Wednesday, July 19, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class