Journey to Brittany France with Chef Emma as she teaches you the art of making savory French galettes (buckwheat crepes). Learn how to work with buckwheat (always gluten-free) to create galettes with egg and ham and mushrooms, herbs, and creme fraiche using crepe pans and crepe makers. You'll end the class with a crepe that combines goat cheese, walnuts, and honey that is sure to please every palate.
_With dairy, eggs, and meat.
About the instructor: Brittany-born Emma is proud of her Celtic heritage. She learned to make crêpes from her mother, who learned from hers, probably before learning to read. Half of the restaurants in Brittany are crêperies, and Emma is passionate about sharing the authenticity of Breton culture and its cuisine with others. When not cooking, Emma runs a nonprofit, TINFA.org, dedicated to empowering teachers in underserved areas of the world.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Savory crepe with egg, ham and cheese
- Savory crepe with mushroom and creme fraiche
- Savory crepe with goat cheese, walnuts and honey
Thursday, January 12, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, February 17, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, February 3, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Thursday, February 16, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Thursday, January 26, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, January 19, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, February 2, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class