Learn all the back-of-the-house secrets in this cooking class focused on meat cookery with Chef Darin. Understand how to get professional results at home with proper seasoning and temperature control. Explore how two-zone cooking can make all the difference for those who want to make perfect steaks, chops and poultry. Braise chicken thighs, learn the ingredients for a perfect steak marinade and discover the science of how dry brines create juicy pork chops. With meat, poultry, dairy and eggs.
With dairy, eggs, meat and poultry.
About the instructor: Darin Gagner began his culinary adventure more than two decades ago as a way to get out of a small town in Eastern Washington and into the city. Seeking out as many experiences as possible and moving from coast to coast, he worked at lobster shacks, pizza joints, fine dining restaurants, and landmark hotels. Not a born teacher or cook, he
was lucky enough to work with outstanding chefs that helped him become both.
Darin is a full-time chef and owner of Valley Sharp Knife Sharpening. He lives in Cle Elum with his wife and sons. When he is not in the kitchen or his shop (which is rare) he’s in the woods or by a lake enjoying fresh air and craft beer.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Braised Spicy Chicken Thigh Sandwich with Mama Lils Aioli and Golden Raisin Apple Slaw
- Peppercorn and Garlic Marinated Flat Iron Steak with Garlicy Mushrooms and Chimichurri
- Dry brined pork chop with chicories, hazelnuts, and honey-date vinaigrette
Tuesday, June 20, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Green Lake Village PCC
Wednesday, June 21, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list