Calling all experienced junior bakers! Join pastry chef Marianna to explore classic baking essentials batter basics, baking with eggs, choux pastry, yeasted doughs and flaky pastry a new topic for each day of camp. Budding bakers will learn a wide range of fundamental skills to create their own signature bakes, from mixing and folding to working with bread yeast to crafting a perfectly flaky pastry dough.
Vegetarian with dairy and eggs.
This is a cook-along camp offered live via the Zoom app. Our camps are geared toward a wide age range, and parental assistance or supervision may be needed for younger students. You will receive an email with recipes, equipment list and prep instructions seven days in advance. After class, we will share a recorded version. Camps are refundable when cancellations are made at least seven days prior to the class.
- Day 1: Batter Basics + Prep for Day 2 Pound Cake with Strawberry Compote; Savory Corn Bread with Honey-Orange Butter; Crème Brûlée Base
- Day 2: All About Eggs! Vanilla Crème Brûlée; Chocolate Swirled Meringue Cookies; Corn, Red Pepper and Cheddar Soufflés
- Day 3: Choux + Prep for Day 3 Parmesan, Thyme, and Paprika Gougères (Cheese Puffs); Blackberry Cream Puffs; Brioche Dough
- Day 4: Yeasted Doughs + Prep for Day 5 Berry Jam Babka (with optional nut butter); Flaky Pie Dough
- Day 5: Flaky Pastry Doughs Herbed Ricotta and Tomato Galette; Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
Day 1: Monday, August 3, 11:30 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, August 4, 11:30 - 1:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, August 5, 11:30 - 1:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, August 6, 11:30 - 1:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, August 7, 11:30 - 1:00 pm