Sushi is one of Americas most popular foods, and sushi rolls are the most well-known variety. Just about any ingredient can be rolled into the center of Nori and sticky rice, from avocado to roasted garlic to mango. In this plant-based sushi class, you'll learn from Chef Rouge as he shares his unique twist on eating healthy and with the seasons. Learn to make perfect sushi rice and the technique of how to prepare the ingredients and roll different creations together for these vegetarian sushi rolls. Serve up your rolls with Umami dipping sauces and style.
About the instructor: Brandon Rouge is a local Seattle-born chef who is passionate about cooking healthy and delicious plant-based foods. Having struggled with his own personal health issues and dietary restrictions over the past two decades, Chef Rouge seeks to help people heal themselves while enjoying good food. He specializes in making allergen-friendly plant based versions of traditional comfort foods using whole food ingredients. In addition to cooking, Rouge is an avid Qi Gong Enthusiast, Meditation Practitioner, and Puppy Whisperer.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Kimchi, Avocado, and Carrot Maki Roll
- Mango, Roasted Red Pepper, and Cucumber Maki Roll
- Roasted Garlic and Sprouts Hand Roll
- Umami Dipping Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Sauce
Tuesday, March 14, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, April 8, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Tuesday, March 28, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Sunday, April 2, 11:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Thursday, March 2, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, April 20, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class