This class will help you transition from store-bought plant-based staples to crafting them from scratch at home. With just a few ingredients, learn to turn nuts and seeds into non-dairy milk, cheese and tofu under the guidance of Chef Rouge, our soy and dairy-free expert instructor. He'll guide you through crafting a baked omelet made from hemp seeds, that is great to use in breakfast sandwiches, burritos and plant-based sushi. Turn pepitas into soy-free tofu, a versatile meat alternative. Transform pepita cream into ricotta cheese that is excellent raw or baked. Once you understand the power of nuts and seeds, making plant-based alternatives will be easy as ABC.
About the instructor: Brandon Rouge is a local Seattle-born chef who is passionate about cooking healthy and delicious plant-based foods. Having struggled with his own personal health issues and dietary restrictions over the past two decades, Chef Rouge seeks to help people heal themselves while enjoying good food. He specializes in making allergen-friendly plant based versions of traditional comfort foods using whole food ingredients. In addition to cooking, Rouge is an avid Qi Gong Enthusiast, Meditation Practitioner, and Puppy Whisperer.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- ABC Milk (Almond x Brazil Nut x Cashew Milk)
- Hemp Omelet (made with hemp seeds instead of eggs)
- Crispy Baked Pumfu (Pumpkin Seed Tofu)
- Pizza with Hemp-Cashew Cheese Sauce and Pepita Ricotta
Columbia City PCC
Saturday, June 17, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class