Take home the secrets to authentic Thai cooking! With infinite insight from her childhood in Thailand, Pranee will teach you how to build and balance flavors between sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Youll learn how to use these pillars of taste in Phad See Ew and Gaeng Namtoa with local kabocha squash. Plus, you will learn how to make fresh rice noodles.
With eggs, meat, and seafood.
About the instructor: Pranee learned to cook from her mother and grandmother in Phuket, Thailand. When she came to Seattle, she brought her mortar and pestle and began cooking for friends. She is now a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and the owner of I Love Thai Cooking, where she teaches, and shares recipes and cooking wisdom. She goes to Thailand yearly to collect and preserve authentic recipes and is working on a cookbook. Pranee says, “You don’t need to visit Thailand to learn Thai cooking.”
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Rice Noodles from Scratch
- Phad See Ew - Stir-fried Fresh Rice Noodles with Pork and Broccoli
- Gaeng Namtoa - Pumpkin Curry with Prawn
Friday, October 21, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Tuesday, October 18, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, October 6, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Tuesday, October 11, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Tuesday, October 4, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class