Powerful Pepita! Pumpkin seeds are the single favorite ingredient of Chef Rouge because they are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet and one of the most versatile. Learn new techniques for cooking with pumpkin seeds that replace eggs, dairy, meat, and traditional sauces. Make a plant-based breakfast scramble that is allergen-friendly and void of gluten, soy, nuts and animal products. Bring those skills to the dinner table by learning to make pepita taco "meat" that you will find surprisingly satisfying and incredibly nutritious.
About the instructor: Brandon Rouge is a local Seattle-born chef who is passionate about cooking healthy and delicious plant-based foods. Having struggled with his own personal health issues and dietary restrictions over the past two decades, Chef Rouge seeks to help people heal themselves while enjoying good food. He specializes in making allergen-friendly plant based versions of traditional comfort foods using whole food ingredients. In addition to cooking, Rouge is an avid Qi Gong Enthusiast, Meditation Practitioner, and Puppy Whisperer.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Pepita Breakfast Scramble
- Mixed Green Salad with Balsamic Dressing and Toasted Pepitas
- Pepita Tacos
Saturday, June 10, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class