Gathering together to make meatballs is the first dish Kausar experienced in her grandmothers kitchen. Join her and cook alongside as she teaches how to makes some of her favorite meals from her childhood. Youll learn how to make Chicken Kofta Curry, a Pakistani curry made of tender meatballs simmered in a spicy, flavorful sauce served with basmati rice. Youll also make two flavorful chutney's a necessary side for everyday meals!
With gluten, meat and poultry.
About the instructor: Kausar is a chef, food stylist and cooking instructor with over 20 years of experience in South Asian culinary arts. She was born and raised in Karachi, Pakistan where her mother taught her how to cook. She is the author of “The Karachi Kitchen”, a cookbook featuring classic and contemporary South Asian recipes from her childhood and motherhood. Kausar is best known for her work through Kitchen Craft, an organization she founded in 2009 that offers free nutrition and cooking workshops to women and youth in high-risk communities around Karachi, with the goal of promoting healthy eating and hygiene habits amongst impoverished families. The internationally-acclaimed entrepreneur has served as a chef, food stylist, cooking show producer and host, and culinary instructor in Pakistan and the United States.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Kofta Salan (meatballs in a simmering sauce)
- Chicken Kofta Curry
- Pudina Chutney (Mint chutney)
- Tomato Chutney