Learn all you need to know to successfully prepare seafood at home. Chef Darin will discuss how to select the best seafood, how to work with a whole fish, and how to efficiently remove skin and pin bones. Experience different cooking techniques in action and learn how to recognize when your seafood is cooked just right. Make steamed manila clams and slow-roasted salmon. Then try your hand at shucking oysters and make a Champagne Granita. Gain confidence in handling all types of seafood so you can indulge in the seafood of the northwest anytime.
With dairy, meat and seafood.
About the instructor: Darin Gagner began his culinary adventure more than two decades ago as a way to get out of a small town in Eastern Washington and into the city. Seeking out as many experiences as possible and moving from coast to coast, he worked at lobster shacks, pizza joints, fine dining restaurants, and landmark hotels. Not a born teacher or cook, he
was lucky enough to work with outstanding chefs that helped him become both.
Darin is a full-time chef and owner of Valley Sharp Knife Sharpening. He lives in Cle Elum with his wife and sons. When he is not in the kitchen or his shop (which is rare) he’s in the woods or by a lake enjoying fresh air and craft beer.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Steamed Manila Clams with Sausage and Avocado Butter
- Fennel Cured Slow Roasted Wild Salmon with Sour Cherries
- Pacific Oysters with Champagne Granita
Tuesday, June 13, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Green Lake Village PCC
Wednesday, June 7, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Tuesday, June 27, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list