Be inspired and excited about the new year by eating healthy. In this class, you'll utilize techniques that build upon the natural goodness of whole ingredients. Learn how to add flavor to steamed fish, how char brings out the flavor in different vegetables and how carrot soup can satisfy every palate. Create amazing meals, with amazing flavor, that will make your healthful journey successful.
About the instructor: A newly minted resident of Seattle, Joey’s approach to cooking is to highlight techniques-based cooking, which makes any challenge in the kitchen easier! After attending the Culinary Institute of the Pacific in Honolulu, Joey taught culinary and hospitality at the Art Institutes of California, and more recently, he was Resident Chef at Sur la Table in San Diego. Though his career is varied with vast experiences in financial services, IT, MIS and Operations, food and cooking are pure passions. Joey is taking full advantage of the PNW by spending lots of time outdoors, discovering all our amazing food products, and cooking for friends and family whenever possible.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Gingered Carrot Soup
- Steamed Fish with Sizzling Vinaigrette
- Charred Vegetable Stir-Fry
Sunday, January 22, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Sunday, January 8, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Monday, January 16, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Saturday, January 7, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Sunday, January 15, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, January 28, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class