Not only are natural sweeteners a great way to reduce processed sugar intake - they open up a whole new world of flavor! Learn how to make preserves with natural sweeteners and how to use them to compliment your favorite summer fruits. Youll learn how to safely water-bathing jams for storage. Each student will leave with a 4-ounce jar of jam to enjoy at home. If you are just getting into preservation or want to come and join the fun as a seasoned canner, this class is for all.
About the instructor: About the instructor: Tiffany is a farmer and chef who preserves the harvest as much as possible in the summer and fall. As a farmer, she knows the ins and outs of shopping for produce in abundance and how to use everything coming from the garden to save for winter and spring when you crave homegrown produce. As a chef, she will teach safe preservation techniques and guide you through tested recipes to add to your pantry. You will find her canning until all hours of the night when the season is right.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Plum-Cardamom Jam
- Fermented Peach-Chile Hot Sauce
- Pickled Nectarine Mostarda