As a busy working mom and registered dietitian, Carly is always looking for ways to put a healthy spin on sweets and reduce refined sugars without sacrificing flavor or texture. In this class Carly will explain what to look for in natural sweeteners and how to incorporate them into your existing recipes as she makes a decadent Chocolate Tofu Mousse with Coconut Whipped Cream and Spiced Whole Wheat Ginger and Molasses Cookies. Youll also learn about some of her favorite uncommon sweeteners such as molasses, coconut sugar and date sugar.
Vegetarian with dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Carly Knowles, MS, RDN, LD is a masters-educated Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Postpartum Doula. She specializes in holistic postpartum care for new mothers and families including nutritional counseling and private chef services. She recently published her first cookbook The Nutritionists Kitchen: Transform Your Diet and Discover the Healing Power of Whole Foods that focuses on seasonal whole foods to nourish good health and bring joy. Carly continues to offer virtual health and cooking classes, food and nutrition writing, and recipe development and nutrition consulting for healthy food and cookware brands. You can find Carly at carlyknowles.com.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Chocolate Tofu Mousse with Coconut Whipped Cream
- Spiced Whole Wheat Ginger and Molasses Cookies
Wednesday, February 16, 4:00 - 5:00 pmRegister for class