Making holiday dinner doesnt have to involve days of cooking and longtime Seattle food writer and KNKX food commentator, Nancy Leson, will show you just how easy it is to create a showstopping meal without the fuss. In this class, Nancy will talk about the fine points of braising as she shows how to make decadent Port-braised Duck Legs with Dried Cherries. Youll then learn about how to create a festive Escarole Salad with perfectly-cooked Quinoa and Apples that will make you the talk of the table.
With poultry and nuts; no gluten.
About the instructor: Nancy is an award-winning food writer and radio personality who learned much of what she knows about food during her first career: waiting tables. Seattle readers know her as the mouth that scored for the better part of two decades as restaurant critic and food columnist for the Seattle Times. These days, when shes not chatting about recipes or interviewing food folks for NPR member-station KNKX, youll find her prowling the aisles of PCC gathering inspiration for dinner. See what Nancy is up to at nancyleson.com.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Port-braised Duck Legs with Dried Cherries
- Escarole Salad with Quinoa and Apples
Thursday, December 9, 5:00 - 6:15 pmRegister for class