Moules-Frites or Mussels and Fries is considered the national dish of Belgium and is well-loved in Emmas homeland of Brittany, where the drastic tides provide a perfect environment for mussels to grow. Join Emma as she shares tips for how to select, store and prep mussels. Shell demonstrate how to steam classic Moules à la Marinière (mussels cooked in a broth of white wine, garlic and butter) and Moules à la Normande (Normandy-style mussels with cream and bacon sauce). These simple but oh-so-delicious shellfish methods pair beautifully with perfectly baked French fries, and of course, white wine. Altogether, youre in for an elegant, French-style feast!
With seafood, dairy and gluten.
About the instructor: Brittany-born Emma is proud of her Celtic heritage. She learned to make crêpes from her mother, who learned from hers, probably before learning to read. Half of the restaurants in Brittany are crêperies, and Emma is passionate about sharing the authenticity of Breton culture and its cuisine with others. When not cooking, Emma runs a nonprofit, TINFA.org, dedicated to empowering teachers in underserved areas of the world.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class link and recipes will be sent four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Classic Moules a la Mariniere (Mussels cooked in a Broth of White wine, Garlic and Butter)
- Moules a la Normande (Normandy-style Mussels with Cream and Bacon Sauce)
- Crisp-baked French Fries
Tuesday, October 5, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class