Unlock the secrets of a vital kitchen essential, the humble pan, and elevate your culinary prowess. Join our comprehensive class to truly master the art of pan cooking. Dive into the nuances of gauging oil temperatures, preventing food from adhering, and implementing the ingenious two-zone cooking method to ensure impeccable results without scorching. Under the guidance of Chef Darin, delve into the precise techniques of searing, sautéing, and pan-roasting, discovering the transformative power they bring to your dishes. Gain invaluable knowledge on determining the perfect doneness and understanding the ideal cooking temperatures for various ingredients. Uncover the wonders of brining and witness how it elevates pork to new heights of flavor. Learn the art of achieving perfectly crispy chicken skin, while also exploring innovative ways to enhance stone fruits and tomatoes through techniques like panzanella and searing. From meats to vegetables and even fruits, by mastering the art of the pan, you unlock a world of culinary possibilities.
With dairy, meat, and poultry.
About the instructor: Darin Gagner began his culinary adventure more than two decades ago as a way to get out of a small town in Eastern Washington and into the city. Seeking out as many experiences as possible and moving from coast to coast, he worked at lobster shacks, pizza joints, fine dining restaurants, and landmark hotels. Not a born teacher or cook, he
was lucky enough to work with outstanding chefs that helped him become both.
Darin is a full-time chef and owner of Valley Sharp Knife Sharpening. He lives in Cle Elum with his wife and sons. When he is not in the kitchen or his shop (which is rare) he’s in the woods or by a lake enjoying fresh air and craft beer.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Citrus-brined Pork Chops with cider glaze
- Tomato-Melon Panzanella
- Crispy skinned Chicken thighs with blackberry agrodolce
- Seared Balsamic-glazed Stone fruit with Gelato
Wednesday, July 26, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Tuesday, August 22, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Wednesday, August 23, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Wednesday, July 5, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Tuesday, August 8, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class