Everyone loves comfort food, but did you know that with a little inspiration and kitchen know-how it can be fancy, too? Kids will join Erica and cook along as they learn how to make fancier versions of their favorites. Theyll learn how to make béchamel that will be transformed into a cheesy base for Mac N Cheese with Toasty Breadcrumbs and learn knife skills for roasted Sweet Potato Fries and Curried Ketchup. Make sure to save room for dessert because Chocolate Lava Cakes are on the menu for a showstopping finish.
Vegetarian with dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Erica is a passionate cook and educator. She attended the University of Washington while working at Seattle's renowned fine-dining restaurant, Canlis, as a professional cook. In 2017 she went on to co-found Seattle Cucina Cooking School, and works in partnership with Seattle Public Schools, sharing culinary education with students. Erica is thrilled to be sharing her love of cooking and eating together with Seattle kids and families.
- This is a kids cook-along class offered online live via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. Parental assistance or supervision may be needed for younger students. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed one week before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. You can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Mac N Cheese with Toasty Breadcrumbs
- Sweet Potato Fries and Curried Ketchup
- Chocolate Lava Cakes
Friday, February 25, 10:30 - 12:00 pmRegister for class