The best ingredients need very little love to shine, and here in the Northwest, our spring harvest is especially bright and bountiful. Learn from Chef Ben as he guides you through Pan-Seared Chicken Thighs with Cannellini Butter Sauce. Youll then make the most of local, peak-season produce with Asparagus Risotto, and try your hand at making Zeppole, easy Italian donuts topped with a bright berry sauce. Culinary techniques from Italy blend with our fresh Northwest style, who could ask for more?
With dairy, eggs, and poultry.
About the instructor: Chef Ben Leonard brings together cooks from around the world to bond over cooking fresh, delicious, healthy food (with a good helping of food puns sprinkled on). He believes that our lives are made better through our relationship with food and cooking - making for greater connections with ourselves, loved ones and communities.
Born and raised in central Maine, Ben has taken the flavors of his youth and built on them with a global perspective. For many years he worked his way up the ranks in one of Maine’s most celebrated restaurants before moving to Los Angeles and taking on the local food scene there. After working with renowned chefs in Los Angeles, he became the Resident Chef at Sur La Table in the Los Angeles area where he ran one of the most successful cooking programs in the company. Now living in Seattle with his husky, Graham, Ben has spent the last two years teaching thousands of people across the country and the world to cook via live, interactive, online cooking classes.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Fresh Spring Asparagus Risotto
- Pan Seared Chicken Thighs with Cannellini Butter Sauce
- Classic Zeppole with Quick Berry Sauce
Friday, March 24, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, April 6, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, April 15, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, May 4, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Thursday, April 20, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, April 14, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class