Warm up your winter kitchen with Paola and her menu inspired by Piedmont, a beloved Italian food destination and her hometown. Learn to craft this regional cuisine with different techniques for cooking savory polenta, using a pressure cooker for efficiency in the kitchen, and making her family recipe for classic meatballs. No Italian meal is complete without learning the tips and tricks to making a decadent dark chocolate budino. Savor these cultural flavors in class, then put the skills you learn to use at home.
With dairy, gluten and meat.
About the instructor: Paola grew up in Milan in a family devoted to making good food. When she moved to Seattle in 2005, she started matching local ingredients with regional Italian cooking. Paola began teaching cooking classes at PCC in 2011, and her background includes recipe development for the Italian branch of All Recipes. When she is not in the kitchen, Paola loves to spend time with her family, traveling and exploring new places and discovering new flavors. She believes a beautiful meal starts with fresh, seasonal ingredients, enjoyed with family and friends.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Polenta al burro e Parmigiano (Polenta with butter and parmesan)
- Nonna's Sugo al Pomodoro con Polpette (Meatballs with Tomato Sauce)
- Budino al Cioccolato e Cognac (Dark Chocolate Budino with a Splash of Cognac (or Brandy))
Friday, February 3, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Wednesday, January 11, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Sunday, January 15, 11:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Monday, January 16, 11:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Thursday, January 12, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, February 4, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Tuesday, January 17, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class