For centuries, fermentation has been used around the world as a health-promoting method for preserving foods. Today, fermented and cultured foods are recognized as enzyme-rich, probiotic super-foods that can aid digestion and detoxification, boost immunity, curb cravings and enhance the nutritional profile of dishes. Join the owner and founder of Firefly Kitchens, Julie O'Brien, in the classroom to learn how to get your daily dose of probiotics in every bite. She will share ideas on incorporating, and tastes of, everyday favorites from the Firefly kitchen and how to "Think Kraut out of the Box" by chopping, mixing or blending kraut into simple dishes. We "gut" you covered.
About the instructor: Julie O'Brien, Certified Nutritional Therapist, with a background in business and marketing, is the founder and owner of Firefly Kitchens, a Seattle-based company specializing in nutrient-dense, probiotic-rich foods, including sauerkraut and kimchi. She believes that sharing these traditionally fermented foods is the best way to make a contribution to the health of her family, friends and larger community. Julie's combined love of using food as medicine and creating fermented foods led to the creation of her popular cookbook, "Fresh & Fermented."
- This is a demonstration format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Fruit Smoothie
- Probiotic Spritzers and Mocktails
- Firefly's Kimchi Peanut Sauce and Super Probiotic Sauce
- Firefly Glow Bowl
- YY Carrot Balls