As the temperature begins to drop, nothing says, Welcome! to the winter season better than a steaming bowl of soup. In this fun workshop, youll get a comprehensive overview on creating delicious soups and tips on the fundamentals of vegetable broth. You'll learn to make three warming soups from Tiagos extensive soup repetoire. Youll make a Tuscan favorite Ribollita and then an Eastern European staple Beet Borscht and finish up with a zesty Carrot and Ginger soup. Youll finish up by learning a simple and hearty Winter Green Salad to pair. Click here if you prefer to take this class online.
Vegetarian with dairy.
About the instructor: Tiago graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 2014. After graduation, he honed his skills as a lead sauté cook for a fine dining establishment. He has been teaching cooking classes for the last several years and has found teaching to be one of the most gratifying experiences of his life. Tiago is also a wine enthusiast and certified sommelier.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Ribollita (Tuscan Bean Soup)
- Beet Borscht with Sour Cream and Dill
- Carrot and Ginger Soup